The Ministry Team develops, reviews and implements the VOACC Ministry Plan. Part of the plan includes spiritual development of staff in the area of Spiritual Gifts as it relates to VOACC stewardship of the VOACC Ministry.
- Stewards of God; appointed by him to do this work for him and entrusted by him with what is needful to benefit others. (Barnes’ Notes on the Bible)
What is the basis for Stewardship?
Theology of Stewardship Ministry reflects on 1 Peter 4:10: “As every man has received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” Definition of Stewardship:
- Stewardship is a theological belief that humans are responsible for overseeing and protecting something considered worth caring for and preserving.
How is spiritual gifts defined for the VOCC Ministry?
- As good stewards – No one receives these gifts, spiritual or temporal, as his own; he/she is but a “steward,” and when he offers them to the church, …[he/she offers them]… as a servant, “ministering.” (Ellicott Commentary)
To learn more click on the any of the following statements:
- I want to take the spiritual gifts assessment (I understand it is voluntary and the results are mine to share) https://mintools.com/spiritual-gifts-test.htm
- I want to participate in any the “Spiritual Gifts Workshops” (I know that happens once per year and if my gift has passed, will register when it comes up)
Video Content Resources for additional learning:
Possible #1 – https://youtu.be/XEOpGng_b5M – What is a “Spiritual Gift”
Possible #2 – https://youtu.be/rhqZpDyVA5g – Bible Study: Understanding Your Spiritual Gifts – Part 1 – Preferred
- New Page or linked to: I want to participate in any the “Spiritual Gifts Workshops” (I know that happens once per year and if my gift has passed, will register when it comes up)
Thank you for agreeing to participate in the spiritual gifts workshop. Please note that before you can participate you must complete the assessment link.
The next steps on this journey are to: 1) learn more about your gifts; 2) how they can be used most effectively in cooperation with others; 3) and receive recommendations on how best to begin. The Ministry Team will be hosting a three-part workshop regarding spiritual gifts and covering these gifts in the month of May.
If you have a summary of your gifts and one of these gifts are on your list as a high number, we would like for you to join the (45 to 60 min workshop) to learn more about your gifts; and how you may be able to contribute them to your personal life, professional life and to our Christian Church without Walls.
The Ministry Team is providing workshops for (3) gifts at a time, until all gifts listed are addressed. Please select the zoom registration link below aligned to the spiritual gifts assessment. If any of these three gifts are in your top scores, please register for the workshop. If your top three gifts are NOT one of these (3), it will be listed in the next set of workshops. The Ministry is committed to complete all the spiritual gifts workshops.
Workshop Dates and Times:
SPIRITUAL GIFTS DEFINITIONS
- ROMANS 12: 6 -8 (NLT), In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. 7 If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. 8 If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.
- Exhortation – to give someone words of encouragement, comfort, consolation, and counsel to help them be all God wants them to be.
- Giving – to share what material resources and talents you have with liberality and cheerfulness without thought of anything in return.
- Leadership – the ability to influence people in such a way as to motivate them to get involved in the accomplishment of a common goal(s).
- Mercy – to be sensitive toward those who are suffering, whether physically, mentally, or emotionally, so as to feel genuine sympathy and to care for them with deeds of love to help alleviate their distress.
- Prophecy – to speak forth the message of God to His people, forth-telling of the will of God.
- Service – to identify undone tasks in God’s work, however menial, and then use the available resources to get the job done.
- Teaching – to instruct others in the Bible in a logical, systematic way so as to communicate pertinent information for true understanding and spiritual growth.